Interview Tips for Job-seekers
In preparation for interview we would like to bring up 5 tips to help you prepare for that meeting.
- Research- What is the best way to understand what company is looking for in a candidate? It is a matter of great importance to do research on a company you about to interview with; as it will demonstrate your interest in the position and most importantly will allow you to fully understand the role you’re applying for. Conducting company research will allow you to assess your skills and experiences that can be utilized to advance company’s goals and make you stand out among all the other interviewees.
- Common Interview Questions- We will cover 10 commonly asked questions that give insight if you are a good fit for an open role. Mentioned below questions is a perfect opportunity to stand out and show your passion for the company.
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What makes you qualified for this position?
- Why do you want to leave or why did you leave your current job?
- What did you like or dislike about your last position?
- What is your biggest professional accomplishment so far?
- Tell me about (anything on your resume)
- Tell me about a challenge or conflict you’ve faced at work, and how you dealt with it.
- What are your salary expectations?
- Do you have any questions for me?
- Questions to Ask your Interviewer– At some point usually at the end of you job interview you will be asked, “Do you have any questions?” and “No” is a wrong answer. It is essential to show your interest in the position and ask thought-provoking questions. Don’t be shy and possess yourself as a curious individual, add queries that might arise from the interview. It is another chance to align your accomplishments to what it is they value in their company. Asking questions will demonstrate you genuine interest in the company.
- Dress for Success- How to dress for a job interview so you’d look like a good addition to a company? Do a research on a company dress code. Is it casual or formal environment? Dress like you’re already part of the team. Firstly, investing in smart business attire, you’ll get tons of use out of it. Secondly, make sure you are well-groomed and take care of your personal hygiene. Avoid using perfume; your scent shouldn’t enter the room before you. Finally, try on your suit before the interview and make sure you are comfortable sitting and walking in it; ill-fitting clothing can greatly affect your performance at the interview.
- Thank Interviewer– Never underestimate the importance of adding a timely thank you note. There are a few reasons why you should write thank you note; it shows that it wasn’t just another interview and you are genuinely interested in the position, as well as you appreciation of time spent for the interview. Thanking interviewer will positively impact the hiring process and simply shows your appreciation.
Follow these tips and you will be thus able to confidently demonstrate skills imperative to your success.
Copyright (c) 2016 - deBORZ Employment Inc. Toronto. Canada