We are currently looking for dependable, certified forklift operators: counterbalance, Raymond reach, walkie, Cherry/Order Picker, etc.
The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating material handling equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the forklift and may also be required to perform order filler or order checker duties in addition to his or her own.
– Operates forklift, consistently practicing safe operating habits to load and unload vehicles, transport material and prepare loads for delivery.
– Performs routine and regular preventative maintenance of vehicle advising supervisor of required repairs.
– Prepares orders for delivery including identifying, locating and securing material as per shipping memo and completing paperwork.
– Checks prepared loads for accuracy and completeness, takes the required measure to correct as needed.
– Performs other job-related duties as required.
– Position requires a valid forklift certificate.
– Prior shipping, receiving and loading experience is an asset.
– Position requires an individual who is self-motivated and possesses strong organizational skills.
– Position requires good verbal and written communication skills.
– Position requires physical exertion including bending, lifting and carrying products.
– Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and is able to meet strict deadlines.