Lead Hands needed to supervise and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in manufacturing bakery products including, inspection of the work-in-progress product and ongoing employee training.
– Determines ingredient and personnel requirements to meet specified production and coordinates work schedules to ensure efficient operations
– Informs workers of production changes, and monitors control panels of mixers, freezers, ovens, and other equipment to determine whether control settings meet company specifications
– Observes products in various stages of process to visually determine whether products meet requirements for size, color, texture, and smoothness
– Interviews applicants for production and trains new employees in work methods and procedures.
– Tours work area to ascertain progress of scheduled work and observe workers to verify conformity with prescribed work procedures, safety regulations, productivity, and standards of work quality
– All other duties as required
– Education equivalent to the completion of Grade 12 (GED)
– Minimum 3 years work experience in manufacturing, preferably in food production
– 1 years supervisory experience preferred
– Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) in English
– Must be available for shift work on a rotating schedule
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply with your resume at https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/DeBorz/jobs/Production-Supervisor-1ee4cc4bc951dbab?q=Lead+Hand+Supervisor